Tara Smith Base Coat Serum review

Friday 19 November 2010

Since I started to cut down on SLS, parabean and other nasty chemicals I was on the hunt to try new stuff. I came across Tara Smith hair range from cosmetic candy blog. Tara Smith is a well known celebrity hairdressers who has the likes of Demi Moore, Natalie Imbruglia, Lindsay Lohan, Kristen Davis as her clients.

Her hair care concentrates on being parabean, sodium laureth sulphate, phthalates and more free. The products are made in the UK, in Sussex, and do not test on animals. It is made with natural and organic earth friendly ingredients, vegan approved, BUAV approved. Her hair care range consists of 11 products.
Tara Smith Base Coat Serum
Packaging – Simple white bottle with a side twist application to open and close 50ml in size and cost £5.75 from bodaycare2000. A sticker with Tara Smith branding and I love the slogan “TESTED ON FILM STARS NOT ON ANIMALS”
Full ingredientsCyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconal, Dimetihicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Parfum, Linalool, Limonene.
 
Active ingredients
Borage Oil, Citrus and Orange, 100% organic fragrance, including Lemon, Lavandin, Mandarin, Petitgrain, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Gernaium, Clove and Anthopogon.

Key ingredients are:Borago Officinalis seed oil Gamma Linolenic Acid is used extensively as a nutritional supplement and in this context adds both nutrients and hydration to the hair.
Borage oil which has the highest level of Gamma Linolenic Acid and provides a good foundation for the hair.

Verdict – It is a really nice smelling natural product, the consistency is like any serums clear in colour and a gel like appearance. This product does contain silicones which just coat the hair (Dimetihicone), which is negative point for me. It helps control the frizz in the cold winter weather and helps keeps my hair sleek and in place, prep for blow drying the hair.
 Another negative was the poor bottle design, the bottle was shipped to me leaking, bodycare2000 did part refund me some money. I leave this on its side on my bed and the product leaked, now I only have 50% left. Tara smith website says her products are stocked in Tesco, but when I went there was none of the aisle I contacted both Tesco and Tara and they told me the line is pulled out in Tesco’s.
 I recommend buying these products online. Will I buy this product again? Well maybe, I just wished it was available in stores so I can pick it up; the bottle is so badly designed it is prone to leakage.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails