Topshop Kohl eyeliner in Coal review

Wednesday 6 October 2010



I finally got my hands on some of topshop’s makeup range eyeliner, I was always debating if I should take the risk and give the product a try, I really glad that I have. I brought 3 eyeliners and also got a free make up bag.

The eyeliner cost £4, 1.27g in size and has a PAO of 36 months that’s 3 years. I had to buy the eyeliner from Oxford Street; most Topshop branches do not stock the full range of makeup. Westfield was totally out of the Coal colour, when I visited.

The full ingredients of Kohl coal eyeliner

Khol - Frost, Coal
CONTAINS: HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, SYNTHETIC, WAX, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), DIPENTAERYTHRITYL, HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE/HEXASTEARATE/HEXAROSINATE, CERA CARNAUBA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA ( CARNAUBA ) WAX], OZOKERITE, LECITHIN,
TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, CITRIC ACID

MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), CHROMIUM, HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470)

I will be comparing this to MAC smoulder eyeliner, swatching on my hand both eyeliners are a very intense black. Once smudged I notice Smoulder is more of blue black like a carbon black, and Coal is more of a matt black. On my eyelids, MAC smoulder is slightly more intense then Topshop’s Coal. In photos the coal eyeliner looks great in photos. I had a real struggle looking for eyeliner that can photograph well; especially nights when I go out, some eyeliner looked like I have no eyeliner on.

The longevity of Topshop eyeliner is excellent, I took a nap with the eyeliner on and it didn’t smudge, but I have noticed the colour starts to fade as the day goes.

My final verdict, the Topshop Kohl eyeliner in coal, is a great cheaper alternative to MAC’s smoulder which cost around £13. Although it is not as intense as MAC’s one, the Topshop eyeliner is my favourite for mid end range eyeliner and I will defiantly repurchase and buy back ups.

It’s a shame not all Topshop stock the eyeliner so you need to hunt for them, you can check out the full make up range online.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&categoryId=211496&parent_category_rn=208566&productId=1628035&langId=-1


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails