Lovea Bio Argan Oil Cell Renewal Body Scrub Review

Wednesday 6 October 2010

This month I was sent Lovea Bio Argan Oil Cell Renewal Body Scrub to test out. It’s been over 3 weeks of testing. More about Lovea brand on their website http://www.loveabio.fr
This product is 99.2% natural and contains sugar, argan oil, and orange peel.  This scrub is suitable for all skin types.
Full ingredients list
Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, EXTRACT * Saccharum officinarum (Saccharum officinarum (SUGAR CANE) EXTRACT), SILICA Octyldodecanol, argan SPINOSA OIL *, caprylyl / capryl glucoside, Helianthus annuus * SEED OIL (Helianthus annuus (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL), Capsicum annuum * FRUIT EXTRACT, argan SPINOSA SHELL POWDER * CITRUS aurantium dulcis (CITRUS aurantium dulcis (ORANGE) PEEL POWDER), TOCOPHEROL, Tocopheryl Acetate, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), AQUA (WATER), Glyceryl caprylate, POLYEPSILON-LYSINE, Dehydroacetic ACID, BENZYL ALCOHOL, Limonene, Linalool.
This product is packaged in a see through tube, and with Lovea branding on the front and back. The text is written in French, so I had to go online to Lovea website and mypure for directions of use.  The product is 150 ml in size and cost £7.49.
Lovea Bio Body Scrub with Argan Oil is formulated with orange peel, sugar and argan oil to gently exfoliate and promote cell renewal.
Directions of use
Apply 1-2 times a week on damp skin, with small circular movements with emphasis on areas roughest. Rinse thoroughly.

The colour of the scrub is brown, and you can see the small particles of sugar and orange peel once squeezed out. I must warn you about my accident, being in a tube and the particles of sugar and orange peel, the tube became clogged up with the product and you will find it very hard to squeeze the scrub out of its tube. I had it upright and the scrub landed on my hair and it took me around 3 washes to get rid of the oil and sugar. Lovea needs to change the packaging as this has happened quite often, I would like to see this product in a tub so I can control the amount I use.  I have almost used the product up within the last month of testing.
The product smells really sweet I just loved the oriental aroma it is great in the shower as the smells surround you. I absolutely love the scent of orange peel. You can see the tiny particles of sugar, and the slight oil consistency visible on your skin. I actually thought I was smelling honey all this time until I checked the ingredients online.
The product was very easy to work with on damp skin in the shower.  As for exfoliation I think the product was too gentle and couldn’t feel the effects of the micro particles of sugar and orange peel on my skin. Once rinsed off your skin is left feeling coated with the argan oil which I liked, yet it wasn’t enough for me so I had to use a body butter or cream afterwards. It did leave my legs with a nice sheen.
Overall I loved the smell of the scrub, but did not find exfoliate my skin very well. The tube packaging needs to be changed as I had no control of the amount distributed and once clogged was very hard to get anything out. You can tell how much I struggled by the state of the packaging shown in my photo’s.
Lovea Bio Argan Oil Cell Renewal Body Scrub can found online at http://www.mypure.co.uk sold for £7.49 for 150ml.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails